On behalf of both Departments of Health, the CAWT Partnership managed a range of cross border health and social care projects which were part financed by the European Union’s European Regional Development Fund through the INTERREG IVA cross border programme (2008 to 2014) managed by the Special EU Programmes Body.
The EU INTERREG IVA funding for the overall ‘Putting Patients, Clients and Families First’ 12-project programme concluded as planned in 2015.
The ‘Putting Patients, Clients and Families First’ enabled a suite of cross border services and initiatives to be delivered in the border region which benefitted 53,000 citizens during its lifetime.
Summary of achievements for ‘Putting Patients Clients and Families First’ programme
- 12 large-scale projects / services delivered
- 53,000 people benefitted directly from health and social care services.
- 43,628 people benefitted from training initiatives
- 121 new services implemented
- Additional €30 million invested in health and social care
- 166 health and social care staff provided direct support and guidance
- 391 people employed in the delivery of the services and initiatives
- 50 community and voluntary organisations were partners in delivery
- 350 cross border Project Board meetings held
- 80% of services (partially or in full) continued after EU funding